Saturday, May 16, 2009

AMAZING RACE @ THE ZOO !

During the march holidays, on 14 march 2009, i had a great time organizing my own event: Amazing race @ the Singapore Zoological Garden (a 4hour event)! I had decided to come out with this idea because I find it interesting and cool. I chose to bring children, aged 7-12 to the zoo because I think their age group is suitable for this event. We managed to get the students from the Student Care centre at Marine Parade, blk 53. I was happy because they were a few teens too. My main motive was to let the children to explore and learn about the different kinds of animals living in the zoo, to create bond and have teamwork with each other. This event would not have succeed without the help of my bestfriend, Fadd. We both had to make a trip to the zoo and do the checkpoints. In total, we have 10 checkpoints for them to do.

I enjoyed going around looking at the teams trying to figure out the puzzles and also when they had to re-shuffle all the words to get the clue to their next station. All of them were really into the game, woah! All the 4 teams tried to overhead others just to win the top three places. I learnt that its not easy afterall to organise your own event. I would like to thank my Youth-To-Youth(Y2Y) Network's In charge: Atiqah, for our free KFC's lunch and giving me encouragement. I would also like to thank my friends, also known as volunteers for the day: Fadd, Syafiq, Fad, Atiqah, Andi, Zul, Zan, Divya & Marcus. Without their help, this event would not have succeed.

The challenges that i have encountered during the planning of this event is that I need to manage my time very well for this event. I spent about three months on planning and its easy! Its a whole lot of work to do! Fadd and me have to crack our heads for the checkpoints section because we need to think of the clues, questions and more. But it was really fun!

To me, what matters most is that i want to see other people enjoying every single moment of their life and see life as a challenge. I love to make people smile and believe that everything can be done when you really have the will to do it. I actually almost give up during planning this event, but i think again and decided to continue with it. From my point of view, success means when you have actually managed to achieved your goal that you have set for yourself and failure is actually a mistake that you have made but even if we fail, we should never give up because its not the end and practice makes perfect!

I believe that this is one of my memorable event and will always be kept in my memories. Its a once in a lifetime kind of thing, so i will really treasure it till my olden days. When i'm older, i will share my sweet moments in my young life with people whom are close to me. This event has really opened up my eyes and make me a better person and determined to succeed in life because i have made a minor difference in people's life and i manage to make them smile(:

Below are the pictures that we have taken during the event, enjoy!


This pictures was taken while we(Fadd&I) was doing the checkpoints .



Pictures of the animals! Cute aren't they? ^^
Some of the pictures above are the clues for their next checkpoint,
but i cannot remember *sorry ):


These pictures are taken after the event has ended.
It was tiring day but the volunteers had fun with the kids (:
I want to thank Atiqah (my Y2Y IC) for the drinks treat!
After the treat, we went to Bedok Long John Silver for dinner.
Then , home sweet home (: (:

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home